The Amar Chitra Katha Foundation is our CSR division that aims to help and support deserving causes and education in the fields of Indian history, culture, art and storytelling. We aim to preserve and promote India’s rich heritage by supporting individuals and institutions who are working hard to keep this cultural legacy alive.
Our Founder Mr Anant Pai was passionate about enabling Indian children to find a route to their roots, find their unique voice, be confident and take our nation forward. The Amar Chitra Katha Foundation aims to work tirelessly, to support lesser privileged children of India to have access to stories, education and light their inner spark, just as Uncle Pai dreamed.
Our mission is to extend our support to initiatives that would result in fulfillment of the vision.
Some of the key missions include:
- Providing access to the vast treasure of Amar Chitra Katha content to under-privileged children
- Sponsoring education of girl children through trusted partners
- Donating books and painting walls of refurbishing special schools
- Setting up libraries in remote, rural villages and urban slums
- Granting scholarships, awards and enabling visibility to deserving students in the field of Indian arts and culture
The Amar Chitra Katha Foundation is established in the memory of the Amar Chitra Katha founder and master storyteller, Anant Pai. Uncle Pai, as he was lovingly called, had a dream to make every Indian child aware and proud of their great heritage through authentic Indian stories. He created two iconic brands, Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle to fulfill his vision. Both brands became household names in India. For over five decades, Amar Chitra Katha has been working towards instilling Indian values and morals in children through comics.
The Amar Chitra Katha Foundation has impacted 43179 lives through various activities and outreach programmes. Our endeavour is to see this number grow!
Wish to contribute in any way to this noble vision? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org